Print
PDF

Our History

In 1920, William R. Sandercock started his law practise in the Town of Drumheller. Stanley S. Schumacher joined Mr. Sandercock in 1966 and W. Harry Gough joined the firm in 1985.

Our firm has evolved over the years to become Schumacher Gough & Company, maintaining its office at its current location since 1997 at the corner of 2nd Street and 3rd Avenue West, in what was once the Post Office Building in Drumheller. We share the office space with Trevor Gough, CGA, the son of Harry Gough, and his accounting practise. Each Tuesday morning Mr. Gough holds an office in Carbon at the offices of T. Reed Agencies Ltd.

Schumacher Gough & Company provides general laws services for Drumheller and surrounding area with an emphasis on corporate, commercial, wills, estate planning and estate administration, as well as real estate including urban, commercial and rural, sales and leases.

We currently have a staff of three assistants:

Barb Repas who has been with the firm since 1979. Barb is the office manager, bookkeeper and in addition to handling real estate files looks after all of the corporate work for Mr. Gough

Linda Culshaw who has been with the firm since 1991. Linda looks after general correspondence files for Mr. Gough and is responsible for a majority of the Wills, Estates and Estate planning matters.

Kathy Commance, who joined us in 2006. Kathy is the assistant assigned to Mr. Schumacher and also handles real estate and general correspondence matters for Mr. Gough.